Join Us at BETA Healthcare Group
BETA Healthcare Group (BETA) is a mission-driven organization with people dedicated to maximizing our members’ ability to provide stellar patient care while reducing harm to patients and employees. Our exceptional people possess a combination of empathy and expertise that is refreshing in the insurance world. Our job is to protect our members and that is what we are passionate about and committed to every day. With four office locations throughout California, we offer a team-focused and fast-paced work environment that allows for professional growth, longevity, and success. Many of our employees are member-facing, which in this environment allows for engagement and understanding of members’ needs and making the best decisions for both BETA and our members.
BETA values diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce and the members we serve. As a result of diverse identities, our employees and customers contribute unique perspectives and experiences. At BETA we are on a continuous journey to build diversity, equity, and belonging, both within our organization and in the communities we serve.
We partner with healthcare organizations to manage risk through customized insurance solutions while providing an exceptional member experience.
We aspire to positively impact the quality, safety and financial results of healthcare organizations.
· Embrace the differences of others
· Choose words and actions that allow our co-workers to feel safe and valued, and to bring their whole authentic selves to work
· Listen, without judgement, to the perspectives and experiences of those around us
· Be empathetic
· Remember our humanity, even in tough situations
· Make generous assumptions
· Be creative – share your ideas
· Innovate when you can
· Learn – spend time each week learning something new or improving a skill
· Show up on time and prepared
· Be open and interested in other ideas
· Be accountable for your work and actions
· Have the difficult conversation
· Be honest
· Show up, as best you can, each day
· Ask for support when you need it
What BETA Healthcare Group Offers
We offer a total compensation package with competitive pay for our industry and a comprehensive benefits package that you can access through our mobile app includes:
- Medical (multiple HMO and PPO options for CalPERS sponsored medical) – We pay 100% of the employee’s monthly premium on most medical plans with the option to cover eligible dependents starting at 75% of dependent premium paid by BETA. Additionally, we offer Retiree medical for those who have worked for BETA 10+ or more!
- Dental – BETA pays 100% premium for employee monthly premium and some cost sharing to add eligible dependents.
- Life with AD&D – Paid 100% by BETA
- Employee Assistance Program – Paid 100% by BETA
- Business Travel Accident – Paid 100% by BETA
Additional plans we offer paid 100% by the employee with low monthly premiums:
- Flexible Spending Account (Health and Dependent Care)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Hospital, Critical Illness, and Accident plans
- AFLAC – Accident, Cancer, Critical Care, Hospitalization and Short-Term Disability
- Legal Shield – Legal Assistance and ID Protection
Thinking long term? We provide a pension plan through CalPERS. BETA pays 50% of the membership cost and employees are responsible to contribute the other half of the membership cost. Employees are eligible to participate immediately and subject to a 5-year vesting service credit with BETA.
We also provide a deferred compensation plan for all employees. BETA puts 5% of your semi-monthly salary in to your 401(a) plan and you are 100% vested. Employees are required to put a minimum of 2.5% of your semi-monthly salary in to your 457(b) plan. Additionally, you can increase this amount and/or opt for the ROTH option.
Thinking work life balance? We have a 7.5-hour workday! You’ll have options for flexible work schedules, hybrid/remote options where eligible, a summer schedule that gives you every other Friday off, and other paid time-off opportunities that include 11 paid holidays, 2 Winter Holidays to use Nov-Jan and sick leave and vacation leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BETA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, genetics, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BETA is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with a disability to participate in the interview process and will maintain individuals’ confidentiality. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at (916) 543-8681 or email@example.com.
BETA will consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal history, consistent with legal requirements.
BETA participates in E-Verify to electronically confirm employment eligibility of employees with the United States Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration. For more information on E-Verify https://www.e-verify.gov/
No outside agency or recruiter help needed.