If you receive any of the following documents, contact our claims department immediately for assistance.
- Notice of Intent to Sue (also known as a CCP 364 Notice or 90-Day Notice)
- Government Code Claim
- Summons and Complaint
- Subpoena (for the production of medical records or the deposition of your employees)
- A letter of complaint from a patient or an attorney demanding financial compensation
- DFEH Complaints (if you have Directors and Officers Coverage)
- EEOC Charges (if you have Directors and Officers Coverage)
So that the claims department can fully investigate both existing claims and incidents likely to become claims, we ask that members also contact us as a precaution if any of the following events occur:
- An unexpected complication resulting in death or serious injury to a patient
- “Errors” by an employee resulting in death or serious injury to a patient
- A letter from a patient or an attorney objecting to payment of a bill because of complaints about the care provided
- A threat of litigation (oral or in writing) made by a patient, family member or attorney
How to Contact Us
An initial phone call is recommended whenever reporting a claim or precautionary incident. Please call and ask to speak with a professional liability representative, who will guide you regarding the documentation required to handle each specific situation.
Claims can also be faxed, mailed, or emailed to the offices. The Professional Liability fax number is (925) 838-6088. If you wish to send the claim by email please use email@example.com.